GMO and Cancer
Eating genetically modified corn (GMO corn) has caused rats to develop horrifying tumors, widespread organ damage, and premature death. That's the conclusion of a shocking new study that looked at the long-term effects of consuming Monsanto's genetically modified corn. The study was published in The Food & Chemical Toxicology Journal and was just presented at a news conference in London. Here are some of the shocking findings from the study:
- Rats that drank trace amounts of Roundup (at levels legally allowed in the water supply) had a 200% to 300% increase in large tumors.
- Up to 50% of males and 70% of females suffered premature death.
- Rats fed GMO corn and traces of Roundup suffered severe organ damage including liver damage and kidney damage.
- The study fed these rats NK603, the Monsanto variety of GMO corn that's grown across North America and widely fed to animals and humans. This is the same corn that's in your corn-based breakfast cereal, corn tortillas and corn snack chips.
In the movie “Genetic Roulette”, Never-Before-Seen-Evidence points to genetically engineered foods as a major contributor to rising disease rates in the US population, especially among children. Monsanto’s strong arm tactics, the FDA’s fraudulent policies, and how the USDA ignores a growing health emergency are also laid bare. This sometimes shocking film may change your diet, help you protect your family, and accelerate the consumer tipping point against genetically modified organisms (GMOs).
GM expert warns of cancer risk from crops (http://www.sundayherald.com/29821 )
Demand for executive to ban crop trials until effects of GM food on health are studied
By Rob Edwards, Environment editor
EATING genetically modified (GM) food could give you cancer. That is the stark warning today from one of Scotland's leading experts in tissue diseases.
Dr Stanley Ewen, a consultant histopathologist at Aberdeen Royal Infirmary, says that a cauliflower [mosaic] virus used in GM foods could increase the risk of stomach and colon cancers.
A new study published in the Journal of Hematology & Thromboembolic Diseases indicates that the biopesticides engineered into GM crops known as Bacillus Thuringensis (Bt) or Cry-toxins, may also contribute to blood abnormalities from anemia to hematological malignancies (blood cancers) such as leukemia.[i]
New Study: GMOs Cause Severe Inflammation and Cancer of the Stomach and Abnormal Uteri in Pigs. This study by scientist Judy Carman, PhD. that was just published in the peer reviewed journal Organic Systems on the effects of a (now normal) diet of mixed GMO feeds for pigs causes some disturbing health problems, particularly regarding the digestive and reproductive systems and a likely strong involvement of the endocrine system.
From Mercola - As you may know, chronic inflammation is at the root of many increasingly common diseases, such as diabetes and heart disease. Food allergies are also skyrocketing, as is infertility, which could also be a potential side effect of GM foods, based on results from animal studies. Monsanto insists that GM foods are no different from conventionally grown varieties, but the research does NOT support this claim. Here is just a sampling of the unsavory findings associated with GM foods:
- GM pea protein caused lung damage in mice
- Offspring of rats fed GM soy showed a five-fold increase in mortality, lower birth weights, and the inability to reproduce
- GM potatoes may cause cancer in rats
- Male mice fed GM soy had damaged young sperm cells
- Bacteria in your gut can take up DNA from GM food
- The embryo offspring of GM soy-fed mice had altered DNA functioning
- GM foods lead to significant organ disruptions in rats and mice, specifically the kidney, liver, heart and spleen
- Several US farmers reported sterility or fertility problems among pigs and cows fed on GM corn varieties
- Bt corn caused a wide variety of immune responses in mice, commonly associated with diseases such as arthritis, Lou Gehrig's disease, osteoporosis, and inflammatory bowel disease
- Investigators in India have documented fertility problems, abortions, premature births, and other serious health issues, including deaths, among buffaloes fed GM cottonseed products
- An alarming finding in America. The Centers for Disease Control publishes annual statistics on the leading causes of death in the US broken down by age. These data show that malignant neoplasms (cancer) are a serious problem – making it the leading cause of disease-related death in children.