- Relief of cold and flu.
- Helps to reduce the severity and duration of flu symptoms.
- Beneficial in the treatment of upper respiratory tract infections.
- A powerful immuno-stimulant that helps to maintain a healthy immune system.
Native American Indian tribes were the first to use the echinacea root for a variety of ailments and, until the 1800's, it was one of their best-kept secrets. Around 1870, a German physician formulated a medicine containing echinacea that became popular in European households, but it was not until the 1900's that echinacea gained recognition amongst healers in the west.
As interest in echinacea increased, many scientific studies have been conducted with the various species. There has been much confusion as to which species is best and which plant part to use e.g. root, tops or plant juice. Echinacea purpurea root has been chosen because it has been confirmed in a well-conducted clinical trial involving 180 volunteers (Bräunig et al., 1992).
Echinacea is recognised as one of the most exciting herbal discoveries for healthy immune function and to assist in the management of upper respiratory tract infections.
Echinacea purpurea root is beneficial in the treatment of upper respiratory tract infections, such as colds and flu. As a powerful immuno-stimulant, it helps to maintain a normal, healthy immune system. Taken regularly (especially by athletes) it can not only provide relief of the symptoms of colds and flu, but can also assist in the treatment of flu by reducing the severity and duration of symptoms.
Best taken in 100 mL of water or fruit juice, three times daily, before or after meals.
Adults and children over 12: take 5 mL.
Children from 6 to 12: take 2.5 mL.
Use only as directed and always read the label.
If symptoms persist, consult your healthcare practitioner.
Not suitable for children under 2 years without medical advice or during pregnancy and lactation.
Contains alcohol 55% v/v.
Duration of Use
Maximum recommended duration is 8 weeks - may be repeated after a 4 week break.
Improvement after 3-4 days, with the full effect after 8-10 days.
Each 5 mL contains Echinacea purpurea extract equiv. to dry root 1 g (1000 mg).
Features / Benefits
- Suitable for vegans and vegetarians.
- Quickly absorbed liquid extract.
- Made in Australia.
- Tamper-evident packaging.
- Free from preservatives, artificial colours, caffeine, yeast, sugars, gluten and lactose.
- Manufactured to strict standards of Good Manufacturing Practice and listed on the Australian register of Therapeutic Goods with listing number AUST L 92763.