GRASS FED BEEF SPLEEN CAPSULES - IMMUNE, ALLERGY & HEME IRON (5X MORE THAN LIVER)
Benefits of Consuming Spleen:
- Supports Spleen Health*
- Supports Immune & Allergy Health*
- Supports Inflammatory Health*
- Supports Blood Health*
- Supports Iron Health (5 x's More Heme Iron Than Liver)*
Beef spleen is a traditional food that is used in many cuisines around the world, rich in protein, heme iron and healthy fats. Heme Iron can only be obtained from red meat and is iron derived from haemoglobin already attached to protein that is highly bioavailable, meaning it gets straight into the blood stream. Heme deficiency can cause aneamia, porphyrias and alzheimers.*[7}
Our pasture raised freeze-dried spleen from Grass-Fed Australian cattle sourced from Lake Eyre provides the benefits of this healing food, containing all of the known nutrients that naturally occur in a healthy spleen, including minerals, peptides and special nutritional factors.
The spleen has three major jobs.
1. First, it breaks down and removes old and damaged red blood cells.
2. It also holds a reserve of blood that can be released into the circulatory system to meet a sudden demand, such as bleeding haemorrhage.
3. It also provides some white cells to fight infection.
The spleen is an important part of the body's defence (immune) system. It contains special white blood cells that destroy bacteria and help the body fight infections when you are sick.
Spleen extract is used by people with low white blood cell counts, cancer, infections, or HIV related infections. Take spleen extract to boost the immune system. Spleen extract is also used to support autoimmune function, rheumatoid arthritis, blood disorders and blood vessel health. *
- Spleen also contain high levels of a class of lipids known as alkylglycerols (AKGs for short).
AKGs serve as powerful immune system boosters, helping to fight infectious disease and even treatment resistant conditions. If you want to know more about this amazing compound, try Googling about "Dr Astrid Brohult“
Unique peptides such as tuftsin & splenopentin have shown to enhance and modulate immune health. While tuftsin stimulates macrophages and other defensive cells, deficiency of tuftsin is linked to bacterial infections * 
Spleen extracts & splenin (a peptide from spleen) further support immune health by increasing the number of neutrophils and macrophages *
Traditional cultures believed consuming like for like organs contain similar cofactors to human organs that may strengthen and support our own spleen. Spleen is concentrated in iron and particularly high in the amino acid tryptophan.
The spleen represents the largest mass of lymphatic tissue, and in humans it reaches full functional capacity in young adults. The spleen produces unique peptides such as tuftsin, (4 amino acids) and splenopentin (5 amino acids) to enhance immune system. Spleen extracts and splenin, a peptide from spleen, further support the immune system. While Tuftsin stimulates macrophages and other defensive cells, deficiency of tuftsin is linked to bacterial infections.
Bovine spleen extracts have historically been taken by people with allergic reactions (hives, canker sores, cold blisters), lymph node swelling, blood concerns (anemia, lymphocytosis), demineralization accompanied by hyperirritability, as well as those with lowered resistance to infections and boils . Some have suggested that bovine spleen “may aid in the elimination of allergic breakouts” . The spleen also metabolises certain parts of the blood, like haemoglobin removed from erythrocytes, and circulates blood and lymph nodes. N.p., 09 Dec. 2014. Clients of Holistic Practitioners have reported that after 6 weeks of taking spleen capsules, their digestive issues have been resolved and their iron levels have improved.
Freeze dried organ meat means that you get more of the heat sensitive vitamins, minerals and co-factors that make organ meats so incredibly nourishing. Using the latest freeze dry technology, freeze dried spleen is unequivocally the richest source of natural, heme iron that exists in nature.
Backed by science... "Radioisotope labelling studies in animals have shown conclusively that, when eaten, organs and glands selectively travel to the corresponding organs and glands in high concentrations. Research done at the University of Scotland in Edinburgh, lends credence to the ancient practice of eating animal organs to help ensure health in one’s corresponding organs..." - Dr. Ron Schmid, ND.
Part of the lymphatic system, the spleen plays a vital role in immune response and waste removal. We can live without the spleen, but its absence predisposes to certain infections, such as influenza, pneumonia and meningitis, as it is a centre of activity of the reticuloendothelial system. Here, it synthesises antibodies and fights infections through both an active humoral and cell-mediated immune response. Enlargement of the spleen can occur with certain infections and in some cancers, such as leukaemia. The spleen acts as a mechanical filter for ageing red blood cells, recycling stores of iron contained in these cells, serving as a reservoir for blood for emergency use during times of trauma and shock. Dietary spleen is a great blood builder and in Traditional Chinese Medicine, enhancing spleen energy is very positive for ageing and longevity. The spleen is also a storage site for white blood cells (lymphocytes) and platelets.
The elegance of animal physiology is that glands secrete peptides and other chemical-like substances that exert downstream effects at the cellular level. If one has a certain organ / gland removed, the body still expects those peptides and other chemical-like substances at the cellular level. What's more is that many of our functional healthcare practitioner accounts use glandular therapy for this exact purpose... that is, to provide the otherwise absent glandular nourishment that our cells need and expect for strength, health and happiness.
BEEF SPLEEN CONTAINS:
- Proteins Exclusively Found And Expressed In Spleen Tissue *
- Unique Peptides Such as Tuftsin & Splenopentin To Support Immune Health *
- Spleen Extracts & Splenin To Further Support & Modulate The Immune System *
- Immunologically Active Proteins Shown To Stimulate Macrophages & Enhance Natural Killer (NK) Cell Activity *
- Spleen also contain high levels of a class of lipids important in cell membranes known as alkylglycerols (AKGs for short). AKGs serve as powerful immune system boosters, helping fight infectious disease and even treatment resistant conditions to allopathic medicine. If you want to know more about this fascinating compound, try reading of work by "Dr Astrid Brohult discovers AKGs effectiveness in treating children with leukaemia."
Any statements made on this website have not been evaluated by the Australian Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) or Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Product information and statements made are not intended to diagnose, prevent, treat or cure any disease.
- Murray, Michael T., Joseph E. Pizzorno, and Lara Pizzorno. The encyclopedia of healing foods. 3rd ed. Place of publication not identified: Time Warner International, 2006. Print.
- Ronzio, Robert, Ph.D. "GLANDULARS - PROTOMORPHOGENS." DCNutrition.com. N.p., n.d. Web. 17 June 2017.
- Fishman, Stanley A. "The Benefits of Organ Meats." Tender Grassfed Meat. N.p., 09 Dec. 2014. Web. 17 June 2017.
- "Spleen, 500mg, 180 Capsules." Dr. Ron's Ultra-Pure. N.p., n.d. Web. 17 June 2017.
- Frtiz, Heidi, MA, ND. "Glandular Extracts - Traditional Medicine for the Modern Times." New Roots Herbal. N.p., 13 Sept. 2016. Web. 17 June 2017.
- Suttie, Emma, D.Ac, AP. "The Spleen - How To Have A Healthy, Happy Spleen With Chinese Medicine." Chinese Medicine Living. N.p., 11 Apr. 2017. Web. 22 June 2017.
7.Hooda. J, Shah. A, Zhang. L. (2014) Heme an Essential Nutrient from Dietary Proteins, Critically Impacts Diverse Physiological and Pathological Processes, https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3967179/